Wednesday, August 9, 2017

ZIP TONE MURDER

ZIP TONE MURDER
NORMAN V.  KELLY

501   McClure Peoria
December 6, 1980


VICTIM:     LISA   CONN    AGE 17 WONDERFUL Nice pretty teenager sweet and courteous

KILLERS   3 WORTHLESS TEENS

One that was tried as an adult:     ALAN    R.  TAYLOR   13

Horrifying murder senseless robbed this little cleaners…stabbed beat lacerated and murdered pretty Lisa Conn.

2 weeks 2,000   witnesses were interviewed    $20.000 reward offered.

4 people received $20,000.00 the civic center received $2,000 as well.

Police had a confession great care to protect his rights…Jury trial about a week   Jury took 3 hours to find him GUILTY   Murder and Robbery

Judge Manning sentenced this NOW 15 year old to 35 years for murders and     30 years for robbery

Did not try the other kid and one of the kids was granted immunity to testify against Taylor…


APPELLATE COURT   REVERSES


Remanded to the lower court for a NEW trial   NOT in Peoria…

His confession was admitted…the facts were the facts he admitted killing her   so what….what’s one more trial?

WRONG 

Trial In Mount Vernon    3-3-1985           
6 hours of deliberation


Shocking Verdict:     NOT   GUILTY    CASE CLOSED

Truly a terrifying shocking murder 2 weeks of fear and turmoil in Peoria girls moms scared catch the killers.


Not Guilty… 



4 comments:

  1. All.three of them should should be in jail.for.rest of their days they were gulit as.sin so evil. I.hope.every find any dna go after the other two.i hope state go after them put them jail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I knew Lisa, I was in her class year at Central, had many classes with her, she was beautiful, sweet and caring. I was also in Co-op class with her where Jr & Sr's would get out of school early and go to a job, our teacher had just placed Lisa at Zip-Tone cleaners a week or two before she was murdered, he was a broken man for the remainder of my time at Central, probably still is. Her murder haunts me from time to time, still to this day, my heart aches for her mother, if you happen to read this, the guys at Central like me all feel so much grief for you and your loss, She would have been the most amazing and beautiful mother, wife ...woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Scott. I just want you to know that your words have not fallen on deaf ears, God Bless

      Delete
  3. I was a 20 year old apprentice ironworker working on the Civic Center when this occurred I remember everyone was so outraged. 40 years, many miles and retired in southern Arizona something caused me to think of this girl so cruelly robbed of life. I wondered whatever happened. Now that I know .....I'm more pissed off than I was in 1980. RIP, this man that never knew you will always remember you.

    ReplyDelete